Greystone Defense Finishing and its firearms focused processes evolved from Greystone’s systems and processes that provide high volume precision plating services and machining for the automotive industry. The finishing processes required by firearms customers for their steel and aluminum parts required only minor adjustments to our world class capabilities serving global automotive customers. Greystone Defense Finishing currently has locations in Virginia and Rhode Island which provide our plating technology mil-spec hardcoat anodizing services and in-house supporting processes to the firearms industry.
We bring our world class automotive systems (quality, production, auditing) to the firearms market in order to deliver high quality, volume production and market leading value. We also simplify the supply chain for our customers with our many in-house secondary operations.
GDF History and Evolution
- 2004 - Thin Dense Chrome plating - Gas blocks and gas cylinders
- 2008 - Virginia Facility: Experts on plating parts. Firearms Department developed specifically for firearm parts abrasive blasting and hard coat anodizing as well as dry film lubricant application to upper receivers and buffer/receiver extension tubes. Support and customer service department established. Excellent quality with large capacity output. 1st firearm part anodized.
Rhode Island Facility: Introduction of Chrome lining 5.56mm barrels. Plating for accuracy and endurance through evenly applied chrome thickness throughout the barrel. Vertical integration systems developed for multiple applications.
- 2008 - Manganese phosphate coating introduced following chroming of barrel bores.
- 2009 - Developed process for chrome plating and phosphate coating of 5.56mm bolt carriers.
- 2012 - Developed process to apply thin dense chrome to firing pins.
- 2012 - Anodizing of firearm hand guards.
- 2014 - Post-anodize paint fill process developed
- 2020 - Implemented laser engraving capability. Processed over 1,000,000 receivers.
- 2021 - Mil-spec hardcoat anodizing expansion through a new line installation at our RI facility.
Contact Greystone Defense Finishing at either Greystone of Virginia 757-566-8070 or Greystone-Induplate 401-231-5770 to learn more about our mil-spec hardcoat anodizing technology, and in-house supporting processes for the firearms market. We look forward to working with you on your next project.