Black Manganese Phosphate Firearms Coating
Greystone Defense Finishing has extensive experience with the application of black manganese phosphate coating for the Firearms Industry, which has embraced this technology as a means of extending the lifespan of ferrous metal parts. We support many of the major gun manufacturers throughout the US, processing an array of parts for the Modern Sporting Rifle and various other gun platforms with black manganese phosphate coating.
Greystone Defense Finishing performs black manganese phosphate coating operations in Rhode Island with a high-volume line specifically designed to produce a superior black coating to serve the firearms market. Our Mil-Spec black manganese phosphate coating meets military standard MIL-DTL-16232 Type M, with daily in-house metallurgical laboratory testing for salt spray resistance and analysis for 16 g/m2 minimum coating weight. As a full-service company, we also offer Mil-Spec oil treatment which meets of military standard MIL-PRF-3150.
Black Manganese Phosphate Firearms Coating applications provide:
- Non-reflective matte black coating
- Exceptional corrosion and wear resistance protection through a consistent & uniform crystalline structure
- Excellent durability in part-to-part contact
- Outstanding coating for break in processes
- Base for subsequent coatings, sealants, and paints
Contact or call Greystone Defense Finishing at Greystone-Induplate 401-231-5770 for all of your Black Manganese Phosphate Firearms Coating application requirements. We are vertically integrated for multiple applications, offer superior quality, large production capabilities and expedited turnaround times.
Specifications / Certifications
- Mil Spec MIL-DTL-16232 Type M
- Mil Spec MIL-PFR-3150
- MIL-STD-171 Finish 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168